Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sharing a Painting


I wanted to share a photo with you of a watercolor painting I finished this past December. A friend asked me if I could paint a picture of their home so she could give it to her husband as a Christmas gift (and since they are one of the very sweetest couples, I was glad to say yes, I'll give it a try). This was my first painting of anyone's home, and I had a lot of fun with it. 

I like having commissions and projects with deadlines so that I actually finish something. Our home is full of half-finished paintings. I have so many ideas for paintings and so many sketches, beginnings, and good intentions. I'm just not very good with the follow-through. If I was smart, I would probably begin work now on the things I want to finish for next Christmas....

1 comment:

  1. I think it is a very good painting! So pretty! You do such a good job with your art, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete